Search: Social Sciences, Book
Results 1 - 10 of 431
By examining depictions of rape in pamphlets, plays, poems, and advice manuals, this book underscores the significance of sex and gender in the construction of Dutch identity during the period of the Revolt of the Netherlands and beyond.
Edited by Blanca Rodríguez-Ruiz, University of Seville and Ruth Rubio-Marín, European University Institute, Florence
By comparing women’s access to suffrage in the countries that make up the European Union, i>The Struggle for Female Suffrage in Europe provides a retelling of the story of how citizenship was gradually coined in Europe from the perspective of women.
Edited by Amado Alarcón, Universitat Rovira i Virgil, Spain and Luis Garzón, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
This book is the result of a research on migrant integration, language and social mobility in Catalonia. Drawing on the fate of three communities: Argentineans, Colombians and Moroccans, it examines the opportunities and constraints for social mobility. El libro es el resultado de una ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Social Sciences - African Studies (18)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (14)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (42)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (83)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (122)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (13)
- Social Sciences - General (19)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (72)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (48)
- Humanities (431)